Reasons Why Many Players Quit This Game IMHO

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Reasons Why Many Players Quit This Game IMHO

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Goblin

1. Power Abusers
    Some high lvl players like to kill low lvl players without any good reason. I think this is because the punishment for killing players is too little. Maybe add some punishments like myst and exp reduction until the infamy timer wears off so power abusers don’t just kill every low lvl players they encounter. Also, the infamous stack should scale up according to highest combat skills between attacker and defender, so for example if you have 25 axe skills and 30 dagger skills, only dagger skills is put into account since it’s your highest attack skills. Not just highest attack skills and assassin skills, shield block and highest armor skills also have to be added into calculation. IMHO, it’s not fair to base it off player lvl because the power abusers can stop buying ascension upgrades and just focusing on buying skills mastery upgrades and improving their combat skills. Also, I think how many abilities difference between attacker and defender should be put into account because some players who aren’t often go to underworld most likely have no abilities or only have 1 or 2 abilities, and players who have abilities (especially if they have disorient and dash) will have much more chance to win against players who have no abilities at all.
    2. Galebrook Area Is Too Small
    As time goes on, it’s getting harder for new players to find a place to build a house. Right now, Galebrook’s area is 500 x 500. I think this is too small considering a tribe could take space like 100 x 50, (some even bigger) and there are more than 10 tribes in each server. Even if you manage to find a house, sometimes your neighbours doesn’t like it because they already have a plan to build something on the area where you build your house. Some players would even threat you to move if you don’t want to be their target forever. For this reason, returning players also don’t have a place to go back to this game, unless they are on a tribe that still active. So if you take a break from this game for a few months, your best chance is to start new on a new server/the newest server, hoping there are still some areas where you can still build your house without any threat from others.
    3. Lag and rubberbanding
    I guess no one likes this. It’s really frustrating to get this, especially when you’re in underworld and have a huge risk to die.

This is IMHO why despite new hundreds players join this game every day, only very few players stick around along with some players quit this game.

TL;DR: Power abusers + almost no safe area to build a house + lag and rubberbanding are enough reasons to make people quit this game.

Turtle

Thats good news. Last thing we need is a bunch of whiners who dont understand what “under heavy development” means.

Turtle

Pickle is a brainwashed fool willing to blow the Admin for a bit of attention. With no development team, and Admin is busy doing other things in life, I don’t see much progression happening. And Xoxaz is right. These are all common sense problems. If the Dev couldn’t fix any of those issues by now, then there isn’t much hope. And finally, OMG Admin is so dumb. All these people that would be playing this game if fixed….instead they are leaving and 90% will find other games to play. He is screwing himself and all of the hardcore supporters that had faith in the development of this game. I am no longer one of them. Goodbye.

Turtle

First calm down and take a deep breath. These things take time. The game’s still in early access. Obviously, the developer is listening to every single suggestion here. Stay if you have the patience or gtfo. Nobody’s stopping a couple of quitters XD

Playstore is filled with p2w auto play craps. Have fun!!! Lmao

Penguin

Off topic – To any admins reading this thread, please add a few player forum moderators. Constructive criticism is fine but blackmailing and name calling isnt going to help the game in anyway.
    Please dont use a game’s dedicated forum to vent your real life frustrations.

Turtle

1. There’s a very fine line between what you can do to limit power abuse and still call a game a sandbox. This is why we have a tribe system, strength in numbers, consolidation of resources and wealth to eliminate threats passively. If we start implementation of a whole range of anti PK rules and mechanics the game is going to turn into a bubble-gum pop mess of Social Justice Warrior keyboard martyrs. Leaving pvp open allows us to regulate our own interpretations of law and order. Perhaps, what we need isn’t more strict rules and what we need is stronger communities working together to snuff powergamers. You know? Organize the oppressed and depress the impression?

2. Herk ferking yersh, I can’t imagine how cramped the high population servers are. West is only barley managing space at this point on the grasslands. Primarily because we seem to simply be impossible to live with.

3. Yeah, it’s true. But there’s only so much dude can do so fast, game isn’t even what I think we should call beta, it’s more like an art project in progress. He’s gonna clean his code and pay for better server bandwidth as he can but it’s not something we can outright expect to just suddenly be fixed. I personally think he’s balancing new content and fixes fairly well for a two man operation. Also, that said, don’t urge the guy to hire on help. Too many cooks in the kitchen make for messy work. Not that you suggested it yourself, it just seemed pertinent.

——

We could definitely benefit from chat moderators.

Let us vote for them by community. Some simple /vote mod name, maybe? X Votes yes gets you the powers, X votes nay looses them?

Goblin

Thank you for taking your time to write your opinion.

1. But it’s not that easy to gather communities to work together. There are some people who just don’t like to work together, there are some people who just don’t care about anything but themselves, some people are friends with those power abusers so they won’t help you. Of course, there is always a chance for the community to band together but there’s a big potential power abusers appear considering the nature of PVP in this game, and as a new player, it’s sure not a pleasant experience to get killed start off the bat after you leaving crossroad, and without any good reason.

2. I think it’s because people can claim any area they want no matter how big the area is. Well, that’s a part of sandbox building game I guess, so I can’t really complain about it, but it would be nice if we have some rules to prevent a player claim a very big area (like 100×100) alone, like the bigger your area is, the faster your walls will decay.

3. Yeah, I think we can only cross fingers on this.

__

Maybe having all top 10 tribes to vote. So first, have each tribe voting for player they want to be a chat moderator. The vote session lasts for a day so all active players from top tribes have a chance to vote. Player who gets majority vote from most tribes get to be a chat moderator for a month. After a month passes, have another election again just in case you’re not satisfied with the current moderator. It shouldn’t be easy to get abused because it requires all top 10 tribes to vote so people can’t just make 100 alts to vote player you want to be a chat moderator.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reasons Why Many Players Quit This Game IMHO’ is closed to new replies.