PvP suggestion: Disorient/infamy Reform

Home Forums Mystera Discussion PvP suggestion: Disorient/infamy Reform

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Swiifo

Lvl 104 SEAsia
    Goblin

Disorient shouldn’t work on players until they turn PvP on.

This should counter the ability to disorient and rob someone without getting infamy.

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Hmmm I dont think disorient should ever not work. But i do agree that if used to steal that it should at least give infamy. not sure on how though

Goblin

Agree with thread opener, should not work on PVE flagged characters* or on PVE maps or both.

Disorient is used in Welligton to steal.

Calibans suggestion is afaik worth a small grin not more from a coding perspective. You either tell a code to give x amount of infamy on action y (use disorient) or not. Trying to combine this action in the code with an action afterwards to act on stealing would mean you have to combine it with picking up items after using disorient. The wrath wave of pvp players who picked up a pk loot pile after a fight involving disorient and end up with infamy would then be dealt with by you, Caliban?

.shakes head.
    (so much btw about the intrinsic value of Calibans comments to recent PVE/PVP related suggestions…)

——

*that is btw the wrong name. if PVE flagging only means that -you- cannot hit but others still can hit you, then this is not a real PVE flag

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Dealt with by me? You know very well that I do not PvP, I like to farm and forage and shear sheep and do whole lot of knitting. Top Knitter EU!

I think it is a great feature of this game that people can use disorient (even in wellington) to get into people’s house or steal things from them. I love that aspect of the game even though I do not participate in it. I understand how it is required for the balance of the game and that it makes it a better place for a PvE snowflake like me. I do also like the infamy system. Now it triggers when doing damage on another player, I think that should be expanded to stealing from underneath someone. But just switching places without doing damage in itself shouldn’t be punished. I agree that that would not be easy.

P.S. What wrath wave of pvp players?

P.P.S. It is not a PvE flag that we have now. It is so you can turn off your damage because too many new players (and even old ones) would accidentally hit something and get destroyed by towers. The PvP off/on feature works great. It is you who are wrong in wanting it to be something else and even wrong in thinking it should be.

Polar Bear

Use 3 doors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PvP suggestion: Disorient/infamy Reform’ is closed to new replies.