Pricing runed items. Thoughts?

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Pricing runed items. Thoughts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

So runed items are cool, and I like crafting so of course I like fishing for them. But the RNG is so crazy I’m not sure what a good pricing metric might look like. If we could get a good dialogue on this going I think it’d be really useful, especially for the really rare items that proc multiple runes.

For Reference:

Ancient(1-3): 4% per rank, +4% / +8% / +12% XP gain.
    Glowing(1-3): 2% per rank, +2% / +4% / +6% armor penetration.
    Stained(1-3): 1% per rank, +1% / +2% / +3% critical strike.

I’ve heard tale of a (4) rune so higher ranks may be possible, just super rare from the looks of things. In my experience the chance of a rune is around 25%, with two-thirds of those being (1)s and very very few being (3)s. (I don’t know if this is crafting-level-dependent.)

Each individual rune (ancient, glowing, stained) seems to have a 10% chance to proc independently of the others, leading to items with multiple runes of varying ranks. Or maybe there’s a sequential chance of proc’ing additional runes after the first, but either way.

tl;dr — Getting some (1)s isn’t too bad, getting (3)s is tough, and you can get combos.

Do you see these stats as valued equally?

Ancient buffs XP gain, Glowing increases armor penetration, and Stained is critical strike. I imagine crit will be a hot one and XP gain as well for those focusing particular skills to a high level or especially for anyone repeatedly doing the reincarnation grind.

Not too sure where ArP stands, besides Chaos NPCs it’s mostly PvP-oriented stat right?

How strongly do you value ranks?

I imagine (3)s will certainly go at a relative premium simply due to power and scarcity, but how do you see the value proposition going up by each rank? (2)s aren’t a joke either, having only gotten 25 of them across all three runes from 300 crafts (pretty small sample so far).

What currency are we even talking about?

My head’s full of gems right now since that’s the progression grind I’m at so that’s probably what I’d want in exchange for any of these I’d sell. I’ve been grinding them like crazy though, so I’m not sure how ubiquitous they are as a currency across the community.

Just wondered since I’m not sure how many gems really counts as a lot.

Applying the above to combos.

So we can have a shovel with +4% XP gain or a shield with +2% crit, that’s fine. But what happens when we have a +3 dagger that’s +8% XP gain, +2% ArP, AND +2% crit? That’s a lot of shit and all in one hand to boot. And I expect you can expect these kinds of combos to be pretty uncommon.

Anyway. I really like being a crafter. Making useful items and running a store is an MMO dream come true essentially. But I don’t want to be a price gouger either, I want people to be as happy with the services I can offer as I am to offer them. So if we could throw some numbers around that’d be great.

Also any suggestions of items I should focus on are welcome moving forward.

Also with the current weight limit rather limiting gathering activities for things like minerals, etc., don’t expect me to be turning out a steady stream of these around the clock… I’m probably going to run out of mats here pretty darn quick. >_>

Cheers!

Goblin

Probably need to determine how important crafting rank is to rune chance before being able to determine the price mark up.

To me, in an ideal marketplace with alot of transactions, the max price would be just enough to cover the average creation cost you mentioned, meaning with your 25/300 example, 1/12 have a rune, which means AT MOST, it might be a 12 times mark up. Which would lead you to believe that you’re making these at a deficit, but this is with the assumption that the other 11 crafts out of 12 would be sold for some minimal price as usual.

In reality, the player marketplace seems rather thin with our amount of players and I doubt if you made 12 bronze swords, you could sell the 11 of them unruned. So instead, the crafting of runed items is just a way to convert bronze (for example) into gems or gold… which means the mark up would be way lower…

In conclusion, I have no idea what the proper price would be, only because the market is too small to reliably sell non-runed goods and crafted items aren’t lost/destroyed often enough.

As a side topic, I’d think gems are a more reliable “standard coin” than gold. Gold becomes less useful after you’re done building your store. Gems, however, are always in demand, which would imply they have value to all players all the time. That said, the fact that gems are split between all the goddamn different types makes them impossible to make stores that take them, so we don’t really have a choice but to continue using gold in stores. Gems for personal trading but gold for stores makes the most sense to me from of a what we have for an economy.

(Which reminds me, I need to just sit down, go UW, and set up my gem exchange again.)

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

In reality, the player marketplace seems rather thin with our amount of players and I doubt if you made 12 bronze swords, you could sell the 11 of them unruned. So instead, the crafting of runed items is just a way to convert bronze (for example) into gems or gold… which means the mark up would be way lower…

Yeah, even most runes won’t actually sell. I think I could expect to move maybe 1-2% of crafts. I can at least guarantee that all my crafts will be +3, but even then most of them still go in the rubbish bin.

Which is fine, it’s just a pricing factor to compensate for.

(Which reminds me, I need to just sit down, go UW, and set up my gem exchange again.)

I’ve been trying to think of how to incorporate gems into my store as well, but it feels like a security risk with the present implementation of locks.

For pricing this is what I’ve been thinking of though:

100 gems per (1) rank.
    250 gems per (2) rank.
    500 gems per (3) rank.

Simply added for multiple runes, and planning to only sell the handful there’s demand for.

Also with the understanding that any of my crafts will be +3s as well.

And if there’s any super amazing ones that really stand out they can be offered for auction.

Penguin

Wait nvm, not guaranteed +3 now. I’ll have to test the new proc rates. 🙂

Goblin

Hey guys where is market now? 250, 250 full of nothing =/

Goblin

The answer:

If native hasn’t quit: slightly east of 250,250. If Seryn hasn’t quit: then slightly west and north of 250,250. Despite the return to inflating the player count (250 players alive lol) I don’t think there are many long term players around. SPK or Tinkler would be your best bet if you need something.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pricing runed items. Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.