No PVP on new maps.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion No PVP on new maps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

The greatest joke in all of Mystera!

Goblin

The new maps are PVE?

for real?

****dances***

I am sorry all the people who left on USE2 server alone after being pk-ed cannot leave their comment here in this thread but in their memory: HOORAY!

Polar Bear

Also it’s about time that the rest of you accept that this is both not a PvP game nor a sandbox.

At this point in the game there is no reason to enter Galebrook or Market Square any longer. Pretty much any player can now skip the PvP areas of this game almost entirely.

Any player can now go from Newb Town -> Snake Pit (Snakes, leeches, Big ass sneks) -> Wellington (Slimes, wolves, cows, skeletons) -> Arena (Fallen Knights, Skeletons) -> Wolf Cave (Ice Elementals, Dire Wolves, Wolves, Polar Bears). With the way these areas connect players can keep a constant supply of myst for Wellington building and farm gems in safety in Wolf Cave, the only threat to their safety is a very short trip from Wolf Cave back to arena via Snowtop. (Thanks new drop down platforms!) Given the new gem update players are now encouraged to keep their levels low and raise their skills with gems to compensate giving them a relatively low cost of living in Wellington while simultaneously allowing them to farm harder areas like Wolf Cave.

This issue will only be exasperated now when the combining altar’s are introduced and everyone’s running around in over-the-top OP gear with little to no effort and without almost never needing to leave a PvE zone.

Honestly if you’re a player who joined this game for PvP or because of the game described itself as a sandbox. It’s time to leave, because it’s clear that those titles are no longer true and that the dev has no intention of actually making that kind of game.

Wolf

“Not everyone is like you guys” can be said about pvp players too ya know.

I’m very happy that there is now a decent non-pvp area to farm myst in. As a fairly new Gatherer/Crafter focused player i have a hard time going to the lower, more profitable floors of UW and though it hasn’t been common on UST to be pk’d down there it has always added a little extra stress on top of trying not to get killed by an altar spawned B44+ monster. So you cant kill a player who comes along and mines the same blue rock you found in Wolf Cave, its not like you wont find more. And if said player follows you around you can use the monsters further in to kill them.

And once again i see complaints about weaklings like me being taken off the ‘Easy pickings’ menu *sighs* Is it really so bad that now you have to pk players who can actually defend themselves? Are you mad that now you might have to start taking your own advice and “just get stronger”?

Thank you Devs for taking players like me into consideration! It seems i may be part of a minority group with all the complaints you’re getting from the pvp focused players so i really appreciate this chance to enjoy the parts of the game i prefer. <3 <3 <3

Goblin

So i just made a dive into the new maps and I LUVV THEM!

<3

😀

cheers

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

It’s cool you guys joined a PVP game wanting to do PVE stuff. But all you guys did was ruin a game that I really enjoyed just from excessive whining. Because the game wasn’t what you wanted it to be, instead of finding a game that suits you better. You stuck around and somehow swayed the developer to ruining this one. Good job.

Drayfus

Lvl 145 SEAsia
    Wolf

Lol what are u all whining about?

theres only 3 non pvp map in this game

thats the CROSSROADS,WELLINGTON AND NOW WOLF CAVE.

other than that all maps are pvp active, lmao.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

I think people often get this game confused. If it was a PVP only game there wouldn’t be farming skills . Tilling. Foraging . Knitting etc.

I believe this game was meant to be a mix of both PVP and PVE with it’s balance of skills and things to do here.

I would expect a little more solidarity out of the Warriors of this game because I wouldn’t imagine that having only 3 NON PVP maps out of a total of 11 playable maps . Would offset the balance

Drayfus

Lvl 145 SEAsia
    Wolf

@valiant hahah i cant stop laughing how they are raging about the new map being a non pvp map, whats good about wolf cave anyways? polar bears? ice eles? dire wolf?.

the game has already too many areas that are pvp active yet when admin added 2 maps non pvp active they whine lmao.

xBeusy

Lvl 85 London
    Turtle

Yes. Because the game describes itself as a sandbox game. And maps where players can’t do anything they want in it is exactly the contrary of that.
    So either get that sandbox description out or just allow players to do what they want.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Just a quick read from an article RPG Defined – What is a sandbox mmorpg..

The term “sandbox MMO” is defined as a virtual world or society within a game, that has no direct impact on real life.
    Sandbox MMOs offer the freedom of choice. Characters explore the game on their own terms, and for the most part enjoy open-ended goals that allow them to explore all the sandbox MMO has to offer at their own pace. Whether a low-level tradesman or a high-ranking combatant, people-pleasing politician or eager explorer, all characters fit a social niche within the community. Encouraging players to live and work with each other in a sandbox MMO provides goals that involve interacting with the community. Sure it’s possible for players to grind their characters to the highest attainable levels, but those who do miss the point of the game. Roleplay is paramount to the success of a sandbox MMO.

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

The dev should had just made separate servers for pve instead of making wellington and the arena pve. Then players could chose wether to play on a pvp or pve base server and no one would have to be upset.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Why not make a separate server for PVP ? Hardcore no infamy . Everyone dukes it out. That way everyone can see who’s the biggest tough guy and all the PVP players that are effected by this can go strut ur stuff. Get ya butt kicked. And then want to come back home.

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

I am not a pvp player as I only kill those who come at me first. But the maps were pvp to start and so if a new server needs to be made it should be pve. I joined knowing I was in a pvp server and I am happy with that. But the constant updates to stop pvp by adding infamy, then increasing the consequences of having infamy, then 2 additional pve maps…the dev is most obviously showing that the game is taking a turn to pve and just like eradomen already said, that is not a sandbox game.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

It’s pointless trying to debate.

But I’ll say one thing. This game was never expressed to be some kind of PVP Frenzy royal rumble . The game has PVP and PVE elements. And the dev is balancing both of them .
    Anyone who is or has been or is a friend of someone who has been on the “most violent” leaderboards . Your opinion instantly loses value on this.

And re reading what you just wrote to me in response now that I think about it doesn’t make much sense lmao

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  xxVALIANTxx.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘No PVP on new maps.’ is closed to new replies.