New mechanics: Chests and lockpick skill.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion New mechanics: Chests and lockpick skill.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    XxWeverTonxX

Lvl 200 Brazil
    Penguin

I would suggest a new mechanic, where chests could be implemented to store items. It would work just like the padlock, where the trunk’s recipe might be wood, iron, and the padlock itself. But that could block raids, so I thought of the idea of inserting the lockpick skill, where the player would have to play as a normal skill to succeed in breaking chests by using multiple staples. Just as the recipe for staples could be iron and gold, which would make raids more accurate, giving a little more thinking before raiding, making it even easier for younger players to survive.
    (The idea is inspired by some games with this mechanics, like skyrim by Elder Scrolls, and Ultima Online.)

Alienine

Lvl 160 Brazil
    Penguin

Up!!

XeqtR

Lvl 123 Brazil
    Wolf

Up.

Sleepyhead

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Polar Bear

Chests should’ve been in the game long ago. Such a simple concept that would cure many head aches and save everyone hours of time. I don’t agree with what you’ve said though… You’re suggesting an EXACT replica of the lock, just with a different sprite and a new skill line when opened by raiders… Doesn’t seem very… wholesome.

I don’t see chests being very exciting if “It would work just like the padlock” with a more expensive recipe…

Why can’t it just be a constructable item that you use ‘Action’ to open and from there you can access an inventory UI similar to your player’s.

Sleepyhead

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Polar Bear

“Just as the recipe for staples could be iron and gold, which would make raids more accurate, giving a little more thinking before raiding, making it even easier for younger players to survive.”

*scratching head*

Firiga

Lvl 43 USEast2
    Wolf

It does seem quite silly that there are chests in the game, however our players just drop everything on the floor. An interactable chest with a UI to store 1 inventory tab of items would be wonderful. Would make bases look much cleaner.

ScoobyDoo

Lvl 170 USEast
    Turtle

This idea isn’t half bad. I’d say a constructable/destructable chesht that can be build with required materials. I’d say silver/wood/iron/bronze etc. with varying hp each type upgradeable by gold + drag scale and each type having different slots which is fixed. This will help bases to look neat and organize. A tribe vault chest wouldnt be bad either. Like member exclusive chest, elder exclusive chest and leader exclusive chest. In this way too raiding might be exciting since you are seeing those elder/leader chest. Picking lock skill seems broken though destruction is enough. Imagine your hard earned mats/equips being lost due to “picking lock skill” atleast earn in a much fairer way. Also since we’re talking about chest here I’d like to suggest new chest on underworld. Brown chest as we know contains random things such as mats, equips and books. A different looking “rare” chest can spawn in any underworld level which contains a fixed item. For example a golden colored chest containing only book but random among the type.

RiValkyrie

Lvl 3 USEast
    Wolf

+69 for the chest. I dont like the lockpick skill though

Akaitu

Lvl 49 Europe
    Wolf

i really want chest plz would be awesome but riv just breaking into a chest seems way too easy a lock or deteret (such as giving infamy if your unauthorized) would be great 🙂 all in all amazing idea +1

Penguin

Man alive, I would give almost anything to have a cleaner looking base. So, chests please? I was disappointed after I saw my first one in the Underworld and was told that I couldn’t craft it for my home….

Wolf

+1 Although I have been using my alt as chest with 75 slots available 100% safe from raiders.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New mechanics: Chests and lockpick skill.’ is closed to new replies.