Nerf or Buff Bow

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Nerf or Buff Bow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Goblin

I keep seeing this call to arms. “Nerf bow vs buff bow”.

So let’s get it all in one thread!

Personal opinion, I think bow is fine the way it is, but needs some kind of enemy to counter. In the current game dynamic, there’s not a single enemy that presents threat to bow users if they play smart.

For example, with equivalent 3 stars across the board in skills, would you use melee or bow to fight any threatening enemy (i.e. dire wolf, red bones, summoner, dust devil, etc). I know I would use bow, simply because they can’t hit back if I keep distance.

However, if you are encountering easier enemies, such as skeletons, slimes, watcher, etc, would you waste ammo, nah you would just squash them with the melee of your choice.

Personally I feel bows are fine as they are, but need an enemy that hard counters them, either by being threatening and breaking movement speed limit, or dealing more damage the further away you are. Either way it would “nerf” Bows without changing anything, as they would no longer be the only weapon you can’t get hit back against with (aside from the two mages in game), while still maintaining the balance as is.

I keep seeing this come up over and over, so I was hoping we could make a master thread that could possibly get noticed, so please post your opinion.

Wolf

There is a problem when a weapon dominates every single aspect of the game. You can melt anyone in PvP with it and you can literally go deep in the underworld without even getting hit. It definitely needs a nerf if anything or a weapon and mob that can counter the damn thing.

Polar Bear

How about tentacles? They throw maces so fighting it with a bow is challenging, even if we hide behind a wall. Stuff they throw go through walls too. And they hit hard >_<

Goblin

I agree Sarsi, tentacles are rough for now users. They are one of the few mobs that are rough for them that I cannot deny ^_^.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Bow has it’s advantages and disadvantages

They all do.

Let’s take a look at a bow.

50 arrows cost 1 feather and 20 wood. 50 isn’t much, you can go through that pretty quickly if your archery isn’t very high due to low damage.

Even so, using bow in uw it is easy to get through a couple thousand arrows. Let’s say 1,000 arrows. That’s 20 feathers and what, 400 wood? So about 10 small trees.

That can become costly and take time to gather both.

A bow wouldn’t stand a chance against someone with good shield block and say heavy armor, and dagger.

Dagger is very OP. It’s my favorite weapon of choice, and is the same for most people.

Bow doesn’t need a nerf.

Iron dagger has +15 attack

Short bow has +5

Those who get melted in pvp just don’t have enough armor or shield block to counter.

Also if you use a bow deep in underworld you will most likely die. Trust me. You just haven’t been deep enough to see. So many summoners, ghosts, creepers, dire wolf, all trying to trap you in and coming at you. It’s scary. The best defense is good armor levels and shield block to take all the damage. And face tank them all :).

Also tentacles, mages, archmages.
    Specially tentacles. Not bow friendly.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  irukandji.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  irukandji.

Turtle

I think arrows shouldn’t go through walls. It’s unrealistic and takes away the challenge…
    Makes catacombs and a lot of lvls in UW completely safe.

Also would give advantage in pvp for melee users. If a bow user attacks you in UW, and you are a heavy user, it can be really hard to get to them.

This change could also make for more role oriented builds. Going with a group to UW and Catamcombs, a tank and a archer, would be something to look for, instead of a bunch of ppl shooting from the wall.

Damage and costs are fine imo.

Wolf

Thank you Iruk for your wisdom.

Bow is fine.

/thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nerf or Buff Bow’ is closed to new replies.