Monthly Reset Server, its time.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Monthly Reset Server, its time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pulsinghole

Lvl 124 London
    Wolf

Give us a monthly resetting server, not 2 or 3 , just ONE single server, for all the PvP heads to dive into to play competitively.

Make Wellington, Snake pit, EVERYTHING pvp.

No safe zones at all, remove fountains from market square.

Let the game unleash its true pvp potential.

Have a monthly reward system for the top 10 players, even if top prize is 30 ungiftable diamonds, it would still give us a reason to battle it out.

CPS

Lvl 247 USEast
    Polar Bear

Nah a month is lame, make a permanent pvp server. It’s no fun if it’s only a month, if that was the case I’d just level my alt up and have a fair fight with the noobs on my server.

Pulsinghole

Lvl 124 London
    Wolf

That’s not the point in this post at all :S

A monthly reset, gives the rush aspect, with a end game goal of winning the monthly reset.

lucas100vzs

Lvl 119 Brazil
    Goblin

I see no bad point to do a “PvP Server” as a new one, and let all the other ones as the way they are.
    But the only point that will remain is: Why do this?
    We currently are having pve updates clearly because, pvp is destined to don’t have more updates…
    Basically is crit+glowing+dmg+dodge+last spells(caraway is an additional)…..so there’s nothing new about it..
    In my opinion it’s fine to open a server to this, but it’s almost destined to be a dead server…
    With alot of PvE like underworld, it’s almost getting empty on some hours on server…
    I think people are waiting for the new map, and more dungeons with new NPC’s at desert and ice, rather than just a (not)newbie boss only with the same drops…

I say:
    +1 to the PVP server to who like it
    +1 to PvE and PvP updates
    +1 to new maps, dungeons
    +1 to CHAOS story to be update(map, dungeon, more different Chaos Clan Npcs, Chaos Itens, Equipments, Spells to Chaos and Spell to players from chaos….)
    +1 to New itens, equips, more crafts, structures and mechanics

I’m not saying DEV’s need to do it now, I’m just supporting this ideias, cause I know that programming and correct some bugs takes time, and we are waiting for great news :3

Pulsinghole

Lvl 124 London
    Wolf

A monthly reset server wouldn’t be “Dead” thats the point, nobody could gain full control making it unplayable, like current servers are. a monthly reset would simply mean a new Power house player each month. again, this is based for the PvP based players, not the high levels up like to dunk noobs and feel leet.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

There are the kids that waited for two marshamallows, and the kids that just ate the first one and moved on (google this..)

I like waiting, but, I know some people like the slash and bash aspects of the game and might enjoy trying their hand at who can be OP the fastest. I’ve seen other games do this (tribalwars, for one, had a variety of super fast play options ages back, I couldn’t begin to keep up).

I have a feeling that the winners are going to be the people who are already well seasoned at leveling fast, but people will learn fast for the next rounds and potentially bring better fighting skills back to a ‘home’ server (if they’re even able to split their time up). Or, at the least, it’ll come down to the people who need the least amount of sleep winning each time, but its an interesting idea. That and it’ll distract some of the deadlier people with a shiny new toy and give farmers more time to chop trees 😛

CPS

Lvl 247 USEast
    Polar Bear

If you want a monthly reset server go play rust. If they’re gonna make a pvp server of any kind it should be permanent not some battle royale, so if I was a higher level I would win basically. No pvp skills required i can just forage and myst grind all day no pvp required and I would win. If they were to do this then you should have a deadline to sign up to join the server. Once you die your out of the game. Last one alive wins. But that would soon get boring just like all the other deadman mode/battle royals type games. Fun at first but wont ever stay relevant.

lucas100vzs

Lvl 119 Brazil
    Goblin

The point to future be a dead server is the fact it resets…
    An FPS reset to start over…and MOBA reset to start over…but a MMORPG Sandbox it’s hard to be redoing everything..
    You’ll have a good amount of people playing it at first, but the problem will be after that…after someone take an artefact…after someone take a higher level or upgrade, or after someone raid someone with high gold and see that he will eventually lost it to the server reset…
    So, it’s a ideia that need development, cause it’s hard to see an MMORPG starting over and surviving too long…

Pulsinghole

Lvl 124 London
    Wolf

First off, you just compared ML to Rush, Nice one.

And it would not be based like that at all, any idiot knows you can go farm/cook/smelt/fish etc for massive xp boost, your not taking into account many aspects of a monthly reset server, books, gear, alliances, a chance for server vs server beef to be settled etc. a Live pvp server would assist the game in dying, some servers currently peak at 10-15 players, adding yet ANOTHER server to the mix, would not help the game at all, if anything, a monthly pvp rush server would bring back old players who quit, who want a challenge.

And before you say go do underworld, that is not a challenge at all.

CPS

Lvl 247 USEast
    Polar Bear

It would never work, this game is way to slow paced for anything like this to be viable. If they were to add a pvp server it would be permanent. If they were to do a reset server then there are gonna have to be major server boosts, bc no one is going to put in 200 hours for a pat on the back it’s just not gonna happen. You’ll get traffic maybe the first 3 months then itll be as dead as yalls servers are already. Just doesnt have the potential to stay as relevant as a permanent pvp server would.

Wolf

I agree, a monthly reset pvp server would be fun.
    BUT, this is very important, there MUST satisfying rewards or else it would all just in vain. Why would you waste your time grinding a server that resets if you could benefit more by playing another server? Only reason would be to obtain rewards based on your performance.

What kind of rewards? Well I made an entire thread for it here:

Idea – Seasonal Server Revamp

Pulsinghole

Lvl 124 London
    Wolf

Srush, i had a read of what you posted, and i like most of what is there, but a new map etc, would divert to much time from the devs that should be aimed at main live servers, simply removing the Safe zones, would skip LOADS of work needed.

Overrated you just simply are not seeing what the actual goal in this is, opening a pvp server would be just like every other server, 1 group/player gets to strong and nobody can win.

Monthly reset server stops this completely, every month, or every 2-3 months, all the PvP heads get a chance to jump into a fresh server, and beat the hell out of each other for 30 days, with the chance of winning shiny things at the end, all rewards would be strictly chhar bound, like a costume, non giftable diamonds etc.

ive spoken to over 30 people already, who 100% would back this or return to ML for this. thats 30 people more then there is active on most live servers right now, of course near the end of the month the server would die down on the fact many died etc. but thats simply the point, the server dies off at the end, top 1-5 players win small rewards, then go back to there live server.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Monthly Reset Server, its time.’ is closed to new replies.