March Dev Notes

Home Forums Mystera Discussion March Dev Notes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Just a heads up that I’m testing out some new numbers and mechanics related to towers – may be changed later.

– Towers now choose a random valid target instead of focusing 1 target.
    – Arrows have a chance not to drain based on the level of attacker. Levels 20 or below will pretty much never drain, scaling up to levels 50+ will always drain.
    – Base arrow damage increases from 5 to 10 after 30 infamy (mostly impacts low levels but spares accidental hits).
    – Tower infamy cap up to 6 mins from 5.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Testing some more changes today:

– Fixed a bug with /reroll and quest generation that sometimes allowed the same monster to show up twice
    – The SK boss spawn is no longer blocked by humans and has a slightly better AI and range
    – Escape lanterns only work in the underworld now (depth 4+)

I’m also looking into a few bugs, including: Dead and disconnected players showing as ‘asleep’ in the friends list, and a rare ‘Same IP’ match when it’s not really a match.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Some good news potentially. I’ve been testing a different version of the interpreter that runs the game and have noticed almost no loop delay compared to the usual version. Loop delay was one of the main pillars of lag which caused periodic pauses and rubber banding. I’ve been working on reducing that for a long while now.

The last half of yesterday I tested this new engine on USTexas and things were running pretty smoothly. So last night I switched USW, USE, and EU over as well, and so far everything looks great! I may be able to stop doing the nightly restarts I’ve been doing every 48 hours.

However we will have to wait and see if there are any other side effects to this new version that develop over the next few days. I’ve noticed that the CPU load has been jumping around a little more, but thanks to the optimizing from last month it hasn’t been an issue so far.

I’m hoping everyone will notice some improvement, but remember if you are playing with a poor connection, or in a country that is geographically far away from the server you are connecting to then you will still get some lag.

In addition to the lag improvements I also fixed some issues related to Bone Piles. Sometimes loot would disappear too fast, which should be fixed now. I also optimized the piles to be quicker, and to hopefully result in less ‘junk’ drops. Some of you may have noticed if you get ancient food from a bone pile it would rot away pretty quickly. If you combined it with your food it may have spoiled the entire stack. That was somewhat realistic, but I’ve changed it to now have 1 extra day before rotting away, if it was already way beyond expiration. I still wouldn’t recommend putting food from a dug up grave with your other food. Maybe if you are desperate 🙂

There have been some reports of weird graphical bugs or black screens for certain people. Some of these were due to not upgrading to the latest version (it should say 4.64.4 in the corner when you start the game). If you confirmed you do have the latest version and are still experiencing strange bugs please report as much information as possible so I can reproduce it: Which OS and browser version, or if using the app then say what type of phone you have. Explain exactly what is happening when the problem occurs – is it when you log in? Switching to a particular map? Falling in a hole? How often does it happen? Anything to help me narrow down the cause. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘March Dev Notes’ is closed to new replies.