Legendary Abilities

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Legendary Abilities

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Ability books with properties similar to the current abilities but offer greater support or offensive/defensive capabilities. High myst costs, low chance to drop from SK or additional bosses and chests, and have a very high chance to break or be forgotten when used as well as (usually) longer cool-down periods. These abilities would still replace their similar counter-parts and vice versa for example the greater version of whirlwind could not be used alongside the whirlwind ability itself.

Essentially their rarity and high chance to break would not only make them an expensive commodity but would give players the choice to exchange the reliability of lesser abilities with a greater variant that is quickly lost and also add some further variation to combat.

Some possibilities for these could be:

Cyclone (Whirlwind)

10% more damage than whirlwind III with the same range capabilities but also provides the user with a 20% buff towards dodge chance for 10 seconds. Cool-down period of 45 seconds. Myst cost of 600.

Diffusal (Disorient)

Like Disorient, you exchange position with the target you are facing but also reduce their defense by 2 for a duration of 8 seconds as well as deal damage proportionate to Disorient III. Cool-down period of 20 seconds. Myst cost of 150.

Quill Armor (Shell)

Reduces incoming damage to half instead of 1 but reflects half the damage as well. Duration of 3 seconds. Cool-down period of 1 minute. Myst cost of 1000.

Stride (Dash)

8 second cool-down period but travels a distance of 10 squares. Same damage capabilities as Dash III. Myst cost of 50.

Invigorating Mist (Healing Rain)

650+ Health restore + random up to healing level and also provides a +2 defense buff to anyone within the radius for a duration of 10 seconds. Cool-down period of 45 seconds. Myst cost of 500.

Frigid Hail (Frostbite)

Directs a freezing blast outwards from the player in a 3 tile radius rather than a straight line and offers the same slowing capabilities of Frostbite V. Cool-down period of 14 seconds. Myst cost of 300.

Of course these are all just examples and the specific numbers and details would have to be properly balanced but I tried to suggest some approximate values as fairly as possible based on the properties of existing abilities.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

“a very high chance of forgetting or breaking”

No ty that gets you killed

Sirrus

Lvl 17 USWest
    Skeleton

-1 … its not bad idea, i would say its very good but spells needs to be balanced i wouldnt suggest anything besides balance

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

No ty that gets you killed

That’s kind of the point like I had stated, you exchange the security of abilities that have less chance to break with greater properties but higher chance to lose the ability or book. That is the trade-off. Whether or not the fact that ability could break means your death or not in combat speaks more to the state of combat and its reliance on abilities than anything else.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

You only need abilities in uw and pvp

The abilities you mentioned put you already at a disadvantage in a pvp fight, let alone forgetting them

They seem to have a better use in uw than pvp but if youre expecting them to break after a few uses, why use them at all

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

They seem to have a better use in uw than pvp but if youre expecting them to break after a few uses, why use them at all

Most of the abilities I outlined here are actually more useful in pvp and better on someone who can utilize them as a support role. Sure, you don’t always have another player to fight with you but if you have a friend or a tribe member that can help you out in a pinch that is essentially the point of these abilities which is why I’ve included properties like buffs and reductions to damage, defense or dodge chance. That is one of the reasons for making this suggestion, if abilities are going to be the bulk of combat then at least I can find something I can give to one of the weaker fighters who might be more ideal in support rather than direct confrontation.

anime

Lvl 218 USTexas
    Wolf

In the end abilites are only useful to last a long time. There is no point in it if you just waste your gold for a spell you’re going to lose in possibally less than a day

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I think it would be more beneficial to actually reach an “end-game” point in this game and experience what it’s like using the best gear, abilities, etc. before attempting to contribute feedback in relation to end-game areas.

Laudimf

Lvl 149 Brazil
    Polar Bear

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Ok my bad guys you won’t lose them easily, offensive abilities would do max damage every time and defensive abilities would have instant cool-downs with full healing and protection capabilities.

Is that more to your liking? Not everyone wants this game to be so casual it’s already too easy to kill certain players that should be way stronger than you are.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Legendary Abilities’ is closed to new replies.