Item suggestion : Storage Chest/Fridge

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Item suggestion : Storage Chest/Fridge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

Storage chests and fridges will be a really nice addition to the game. This helps in reducing load to the server/client since players can store their items in the chest, thus, reducing the amount of packets that the server has to send to the client to draw the items that players spam on the ground. The client also benefits from having less data to parse and render.

A fridge will work like a storage chest but to slow down or stop the decay of food altogether.

Suggestions for how the storage chests will work:

1.) The amount of storage slots scales with the crafting level
    2.) Chests needs to be repaired regularly and the base hp scales with construction level
    3.) Players can attack the chest, drop its hp to 0 and loot its content
    4.) Players can set a pin code to lock the chests and other players can try to guess the code as an alternative to breaking the chest.
    5.) Chests can be separated between personal and tribe although this may not be mandatory if 4.) is implemented
    6.) One of the ingredients to construct a chest will be any one of the existing dyes which will affect the color of the chest. Alternatively, players can just cycle between the different colors after creating the chest. This is so that players can designate chests for different items
    7.) Sorting should be a built-in feature
    8.) Transfer all items in inventory to/from chest and vice versa should also be a feature

TuxedoMask

Lvl 60 USEast
    Wolf

This is a great idea. It would help with the lag and organizing of someone’s items.

Goblin

Home is the place where all your shit litters the floor in piles.

In seriousness though, this would be pretty awesome, but as it is described, I can see it invalidating vaults and to some degree, locks, without being exorbitant in cost.

I’d say it should be as you describe, but easily broken and not able to be locked without using other items on it. Locks would increase the amount of items in it are “locked”, but uses the same gold sealing method of keeping items safe. Building a tribe vault on top of it would give it hp.

This way we have a barebones way of sorting items for everyone and a different way of keeping items safe for people who want that.

Item sort would be nice, but item transfer is probably unnecessary, especially with our new huge inventories.

Wolf

I think that seems like a good idea. Maybe if that is done I’ll fill my houses with chests instead of worms and tinder =p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Item suggestion : Storage Chest/Fridge’ is closed to new replies.