Increasing player base idea

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Increasing player base idea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

Last Year there was 70-90 people in USW on a Saturday night. Now there is 30-50. The game is going in the wrong direction. As a community, i think we need to work together too keep our niche game going strong and climb back up in numbers.

I know alot of people aren’t going to like this idea but i’m going to put it out there anyways.

What if there was a section in options where you can see points going towards a threshold gold. Once that goal has been reached then there’s enough Money for the Dev to advertise ML focused on the Server’s region. However, marketing the game costs money. To that end, To gain points …. you would click to watch(or ignore) an ad in game. The revenue would go towards a pot specific to boosting marketing in a server’s world region. Also, it would visually tally so there’s complete transparency when and how far to go, the threshold is reached. A nice side would be a top 5 marketing contributors. This would create more diverse options for people to support this game.

I’m not suggesting FORCED ad watching but voluntary ad watching.

Ultimately, i think doing something towards the problem is better then doing nothing. i dunno if we can be passive anymore.

Arch

Penguin

I’ll give you a really cool idea, make a server without pvp. if placing capacity for 500 players would certainly be 500/500.
    But you care little for those who don’t like pvp, so let mystera die slowly, who doesn’t like pvp won’t spend money to be killed all the time and lose items that takes time to do in the underworld with many hours played and farmed. .

DenisDM

Lvl 89 Europe
    Turtle

That’s not why people don’t play, the game just ain’t ready to have more people. The servers and game just ain’t ready for more players. The towns aren’t big enough for 60 constant people in all servers and the servers usually lag at that many ppl. If the developer wanted more people even with these problems he could release Mystera Legacy on Google play store. But your idea can still be applied, we can have a watch ad option in menu so dev can get money to get better servers and maybe for a new coder or etc.
    So a +1 anyway xd

AARC

Lvl 140 USTexas
    Skeleton

Ml is on the google play store… +1 tho

EVILMORTY

Lvl 4 Brazil
    Penguin

i feel pvp isnt so much of an issue as total control by older players maybe keep what we have now but add a server the is refreshed at a interval as a race to the top but something any player could get into

Gank

Lvl 108 USWest2
    Polar Bear

@dagan. I totally agree 100% and I am a pvp player. Have been for a long time. I’m og peaceanddags/xmichael. I’ve personally made alot of players and tribes quit the game in my intentions for “having fun”. A pve server is needed and I know it will be full. Look at usw2 the newest server. Almost dead because op players come in wanting pvp and next thing you know everyone’s ran off economy destroyed and only the “strong survive”. Its time for a more casual server that can just grow have weaker and pve players support the game and the dev helping all servers out. People will still want to play on pvp servers I know I will but a pve servers would be the perfect place for the hundreds or thousands of players pvp players like myself have run off.

+1 to the VOLUNTARY ad watching.

Gank

Lvl 108 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Was just thinking about all the players who would hate a pve server… so do this. Make a pve server.. but give it a “wilderness” like in old school runescape. Put new mobs in the wilderness that cant be found any where else. So when people quest they may have to enter the wilderness for these mobs. Make it a high loot/reward place. That way the server can run on good vibes but also have that one amazing place where pvp is still alive.

Penguin

@evilmorty splitting the decreasing playerbase into more newer servers is not a solution

Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

hi all,

ty for your comments!

ad revenue via voluntary participation might hopefully increase player population.

*crosses finger*
    Archangel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Increasing player base idea’ is closed to new replies.