Idea about the death in game mechanic +the Idea of New Contenta

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Idea about the death in game mechanic +the Idea of New Contenta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tracksuit

Lvl 130 London
    Turtle

The first, the idea of temporary experience (XP) boost to lost in death skills by +500% OR as temporary + to lost skill stats. That is discussable.
    I personally see this buff as a chance to regain all lost skills in a much shorter period of time, in perfect from my point of view, times by 5. When you lost them once, you have to start it all again, and it takes absurdly long time to get it all, when time goes only in one direction and which noone would ever return.

The second, the idea of new dungeon at Under World that generates randomly as a hidden hole in a floor, as sometimes happens. But it would lead not at the next b level.
    I think, this would be a good place for a new type of ML monster, and i think it could be the MinoChaos – a Chaos with presetted high level (maybe starting with 80) and high Destruction skill (maybe the same 80), and maybe with a little different sprites.
    It would act like a normal Chaos as collecting dropped gear and changing it for a higher level, stomping small objects if walks in and breaking built tructures.
    The place, i think, should be looking as a very narrow maze with many dead ends but always with a hole at a center that would lead at random UW floor from 24 to 70 (but this would be fun if player after falling into this maze managed to escape and appears at UW b304 lol).
    Maybe as a drop, there would be a paper with variations of texts written by somebody who fell before or maybe even about a history from the ingame world past.

These are just my thoughts about to make this game a little better. Or worse? There should be a second opinion ,please help as well c:

Tracksuit

Lvl 130 London
    Turtle

Alright, about The First part, im a dummy who doesnt understands a game mechanics.

In edition, i think there would be a good idea to add a special craftable expencive enough item, that should be forged into a gear piece and adds a special gear parameter – if a player dies, an item will not be dropped in a trade of such parameter, so it should be added later again.
    I think, this item should use a smithing mechanic but should never had a chance of destroying a gear set, only a possible failure or success.
    And if it could be possible, i also think that the counter could be not only Yes or No about dropping but also a counter of how many left on this gear.

Kazooie

Lvl 15 USTexas
    Penguin

i agree wholeheartedly about the no-drop idea, and i can see waht you mean about the mini-chaos idea. but a) the craftable would have to be EXTREMELY expensive, and the mini-chaos idea needs to be revisited to balance it out alot

Nurichan

Lvl 321 London
    Turtle

So first of all the idea behind the exp buff isn’t too bad,the problem is just finding a decent value and the fact that it’s very exploitable.
    It also would favor the wrong people imo.
    The part about the “dungeons” is a good idea but as random holes it would most certainly cause deaths rather than make stuff enjoyable. I’d place a candle or another statue to access these extra rooms so people can decide whether they want to go to such rooms or not. Maybe make them similiar to the secret rooms in castle with a hunch of chests in them.

There was a post about the insurance thing already but this is more recent so i’ll just put my thought in here.

I’d really appreciate a way to secure certain items but i also see why people don’t want such a thing.
    First of all, the game has many issues with lags etc due the state it’s in. Most people make artifacts and never ever use them because one lag and those items are gone. Even tho the game runs perfectly smooth all it takes is one minor lag and work of months is gone which imo is just dumb. Like if the player fucks up and dies it’s his own fault but losing stuff you make over months cause of something you can’t influence just kind of ruins the game.

My idea for such an insurance would be like a trade-off. You trade exp for keeping gear save. Usually you lose 5% exp on death, why don’t ya make it 15% extra for each gear piece you secure?
    That way you could still effectively knock down people in pvp cause they’d lose up to 80% exp on a single death.

Penguin

I have to agree with pretty much everything Nurichan stated above. Especially concerning item loss prevention. Many people have said that if there were to be some way to implement that idea it would have to be VERY expensive, but then many also agree that for a decent player gold isn’t really that big of an issue to gather. I don’t think gold should be the method used to insure gear that a person wishes to keep upon death. Experience is a solid form of payment that is much more balanced and can actually make an impact on players beyond simple in-game monetary loss. Some have also mentioned the fact that there are plenty of trolls and griefers in game that this experience cost on item insurance might also help deter. Their would be plenty of griefers who could use this same insurance against the more honest player as well, but if the main issue for more of the hardcore players tends to be some random lag-spike or silly PvE mistake that has caused them to lose a dear item then this Experience cost item insurance idea would be absolutely wonderful.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

I dont feel that the current skill/gear drop on death needs to change. I’m in for more content like the one you suggested in uw

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Idea about the death in game mechanic +the Idea of New Contenta’ is closed to new replies.