Great Idea ! Please review.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Great Idea ! Please review.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Something I think the game would greatly benefit from.

Ability to create a party system. To share Myst while questing together.

1-3 people party up. Myst is split evenly 3 ways. This will give players an incentive to grind the Underworld etc together !

You can even limit it to where you have to be on the same floor/ map to gain the benefits.

Most people I hang out with don’t even want to go to the Underworld together because it will be very one sided Myst wise unless you take the time to split up the kills which is no fun lol. This often leads to people grinding Myst alone . I imagine many others can understand this.

I think a party system would be an amazing idea. If anyone agrees please write here.

Skeleton

+1

keebo

Lvl 7 USWest
    Goblin

+1

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

+1

Skeleton

Whilst I support a party system as an idea splitting myst poses problems.

Assigning items, even stopping friendly fire, sure but splitting myst and exp results in problems unless a level range and / or proximity gauge is included. You could bring up a new character far too simply.

For sharing myst, ideas were put forward in the myst exchange thread.

If a party is wanted then requirements would have to be met to prevent abuse.

As it’s for UW having the members be above 20 or 30 shouldn’t be much of an issue. Having a max of 5 or 10 variance from the highest and lowest level would be a good balancer too, and at the least having the enemy / team members on screen when death occurs to gain the myst / exp, if not within a 2 or 3 tile radius of the mob.

Lyon

Lvl 141 USTexas
    Wolf

+1 but I agree the idea of sharing myst would probably be a problem.

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

A party system is a great idea with no drawbacks. It could not be abused to level up lower players quickly because it would operate the same way it does in other MMOs. Myst would be shared proportionate to level. If a level 40 and level 10 player kill something, the level 40 player receives 75% of the myst. It’s simple math that keeps gains proportionate.

Skeleton

So it’s fair and proportionate a character in a party who does nothing but sit inside of walls and spam healing rain gains myst and experience whilst others kill the mobs?

Simple math has to be applied in the correct ways.

As you’re citing it, you’d allow for power-leveling to run rampant.

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

You’re ignoring basic precedents that already exist. Most mmo’s that allow party based farming split exp proportionately. They also have range requirements. This means you must be within a certain distance of the mob being killed. They also require you to have hit the mob to receive any exp from the kill. Is this your first MMO?

Skeleton

It’s a precedent that we lose our entire character when we die.
    It’s moot to cite something like that.

Don’t try to belittle someone as a way to justify your own failings.

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

I noticed you didn’t contradict my points. It’s because I’m right.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Party system: Have myst be based off the amount of damage you do to the mob.

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

That works too.

Turtle

+1 though i do agree that the sharing myst aspect might need to be tweaked and everything would have to be kinda as Enzymes said.

Gawain

Lvl 147 USWest
    Polar Bear

+1 if myst divide is handled correctly. Should not be damaged based, since this would allow someone how wants to use bandage, hr, etc to build a healer to grow with the rest of the party.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Great Idea ! Please review.’ is closed to new replies.