Goodbye

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Goodbye

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

but I suppose that any retaliation against a Frost Legion member would be counter-retaliated either by the tribe as a whole or by a bunch of over-level-50 players. Am I assuming wrong?

You’re probably assuming wrong, but it would really depend on the circumstances.

Noone told me this either, but I would suppose that attacking the Frost Legion castle to retaliate against a member in his sleep would provoke retaliation by the tribe as a whole. Am I assuming wrong?

In this case yes, I think you’d see tribe-wide retaliation. And personally, I find it extremely difficult to believe you wouldn’t take action if you saw someone tearing down your walls, regardless of their intent for doing so. It’s a massive security risk to the rest of your members.

Wolf

As one that has died a mysterious and unwelcomed death in the past I can feel your pain but do not let one death and the loss of resources make you quit the game. Quit the game if you stoped enjoying it…heck theres so much resources I have no idea what to do with them, after a point its so easy to gather what you need… I got my castle raided the other day and lost a lot of resources but instead of feeling down i donated all my leftover resources and now feel even more free to do the things that are fun than before… eliminate your fears be free and enjoy the game, heck we get enough drama IRL to let a virtual death get the better of us!

Anyways whatever you decide to do have fun and be well!

Skeleton

You’re probably assuming wrong, but it would really depend on the circumstances.

Fair enough.

In this case yes, I think you’d see tribe-wide retaliation.

Fair enough as well.

I find it extremely difficult to believe you wouldn’t take action if you saw someone tearing down your walls, regardless of their intent for doing so. It’s a massive security risk to the rest of your members.

Building defenses that way is a choice, and the consequence is that basically the group of people — whether an official tribe or not — makes it way harder to retaliate against any of them in their sleep, because in order to do so you are obliged to put yourself against the group as a whole.

I’m the same guy who wrote that killing is a part of the game. That’s not the main point. What I’m saying is that, regardless the reasons and regardless the concert or lack of concert behind this murder, for practical purposes it has been almost equivalent to a Frost Legion murder.

Goblin

I got my castle raided the other day and lost a lot of resources but instead of feeling down i donated all my leftover resources and now feel even more free to do the things that are fun than before…

I was raided 3 times. Twice I was almost killed online. 3 times i die in UW. So i have my part of fun. But die and rob from top Tribe with silly reason… its too much mor me.
    I just wanted to convey the truth to good people who still playing. FL can be nice and pretend your friends, and then kill and rob while you sleep.

Turtle

People get raided. People get killed while online. People die in the underworld.

The top tribe did not kill and rob you. Sephi killed you, and someone else robbed you after that.

Frost Legion never pretended to be your friend, in fact all we remember of you is how much destruction, looting, and killing you did.

How much longer do you intend to post lies in your ragequit thread before actually quitting?

Polar Bear

for practical purposes it has been almost equivalent to a Frost Legion murder.

No it hasn’t, not even a little bit. That Sephi sleeps in FL territory is entirely incidental.

the consequence is that basically the group of people — whether an official tribe or not — makes it way harder to retaliate against any of them in their sleep, because in order to do so you are obliged to put yourself against the group as a whole.

This is by design. Groups are inherently more powerful than individuals.

Skeleton

No it hasn’t, not even a little bit. That Sephi sleeps in FL territory is entirely incidental.

Sephi sleeping in the Frost Legion castle is a huge deterrent against retaliation. I’m not saying you shelter her on purpose so she can’t be retaliated regarding Quiet’s murder. I’m saying that sheltering collectively implies that the members’ actions can be in part ascribed to the group for practical purposes. This applies to those actions for which it’s reasonable to retaliate in one’s sleep.

Goblin

Imagine if we used this logic. Hotel would be torn open for sheltering Linklar. How would that be fair?

Turtle

That Sephi sleeps in FL territory is entirely incidental

“Oh hey, do we shelter a troll and a griefer who’s known to continually harass other players? Yes, but that has AB-SO-LUTELY nothing to do with us! It’s all a coincidence, it’s not like we gave that person access to our premises, we swear! It… it just happened that way, whoops! Hahah LOL. Oh well, what can you do, right? *shrugs*”

Ridiculous. Pathetic and ridiculous.

Goblin

“Oh hey, do we shelter a troll and a griefer who’s known to continually harass other players? Yes, but that has AB-SO-LUTELY nothing to do with us! It’s all a coincidence, it’s not like we gave that person access to our premises, we swear! It… it just happened that way, whoops! Hahah LOL. Oh well, what can you do, right? *shrugs*”

Ridiculous. Pathetic and ridiculous.

Get real. Three things at play here.

First thing: Sephi is a vocal, active major part of the community at large. This has put a big fat target on her pink head.

Second thing: Sephi is a current member in good standing with Frost Legion, at this time, the most powerful and active tribe on the game. This makes her a target.

Third thing: Double standards. Condemning one member of the tribe to death, and blame the entire tribe in the process is the acceptable practice now? I can’t understand this one. We would have to have the waaaaaaaahhhhbulance on speed dial if we demolished a tribe each time one member decided to step on some toes in a solo effort.

You really have a few options Quiet and the White Knights who are getting so worked up about this.

Kill sephi while she sleeps, and accept retaliation for attacking Frost Legions castle.

Kill Sephi while she is walking around, doing what she does, and accept retaliation for killing a frost legion member in good standing.

Negotiate with Tribe Leadership to have sephi killed and you compensated. I am listening.

Demand all quiets loot back from us. This one is a red herring though- especially when it was a solo effort by one player who doesn’t care about looting. (this means the loot decayed, because it wasn’t a tribe attack where we all join in and actually loot)

Quit Crying, and get on over this mole hill. It’s going nowhere fast. I have more reason to want her head on a pike than all of you combined, but she still lives. Think about that for a second.

Turtle

Get real? Alright: Then tell me, take an arbitrary body of law from namely anywhere in the world, and check what happens when you willingly shelter a murderer/criminal/what have you?

The answer is very simple, it makes you an accomplice.

(this means the loot decayed, because it wasn’t a tribe attack where we all join in and actually loot)

Are you twelve? It’s not like it magically started happening. It’s a consequence of deliberate action, it doesn’t matter if and who got hold of the items. Unless you publicly admit that Sephi is mentally challenged slow borderline irresponsible and therefore unable to foresee the consequences of her actions, this is an absolutely invalid point.

I have more reason to want her head on a pike than all of you combined, but she still lives.

Of course that person is walking around like nothing has happened, if any of us had the opportunity to grind all day, every day and get 100+ levels and top gear it would have been a different story.

But as it stands now, it’s plain and simple bullying with quite childish attempts at defending a very weak point.

Goblin

^this. My english is not so good, thank you W for good point.

The top tribe did not kill and rob you. Sephi killed you, and someone else robbed you after that.

I cant say who is take my inventory, gold and other value stuff. But they gone. I die from hand of FL. Usually, the murderer is a robber. If there is no evidence to the contrary.

Frost Legion never pretended to be your friend, in fact all we remember of you is how much destruction, looting, and killing you did.

Oh? C’mon, say how much? I killed Rick, excused, and compensated as I could.
    And now look at Leader boards, how much players FL members kill. How much houses and Tribes you rob? I cant say numbers, but i think number is HUGE.

Negotiate with Tribe Leadership to have sephi killed and you compensated. I am listening.

Okay. Kill Sephi one time in public, whith all her valuable content (dagger, rings, armor, gold, gems) and make it abyss. I dont need it. It would be enough.

Pino

Lvl 9 USWest
    Wolf

I don’t normally post often, or let my aggression out hardly ever. (with the exception of defending the roads I use to care about so much)
    However, congratulations! You have just got my full attention. I work as a caregiver for the mentally disabled, and take rather great offence to these sorts of insults.
    On other points, just to clarify, Sephi has never run with “special” gear. She ran with a dagger, with no atk enchantments on it, and some basic destruction gear and a normal +1 wanderer’s garb that she found in the UW. As well as her trusty, entirely non-plus/non-enchanted bone hammer. I will however, now be making her a full set of special gear, just for this very special occasion. 🙂

Along with my full attention, comes a special prize! You think that getting killed once, and not looted is bullying?(this goes to both of you) Very well, you will get a proper tutorial of what bullying is. I will harass you, I will hunt you, I will kill you, and I will completely destroy anything and everything you’ve built. You want to see a high level ‘flex’? Get ready, not that it will help you even a little. Before I’ve reserved this for only the most extreme cases, but since it’s going to be said about me, then I might as well live up to it, right? So here it is, here and now. Quiet and Wuzzy, you are done. I’d recommend quitting now, or making an alt and keeping quiet if you actually want to attempt to play this game, because those accounts are officially finished. You can try and run, or hide, or beg for help, but it won’t do a damn bit of good.

As far as the HUGE number of players/tribes/houses we’ve gone after destroyed and ‘looted’, I’m pretty sure it’s been less than half a dozen over the last, what? 4-5 months? With the last being ‘Smurfs’ which we announced multiple times to the server to come loot while we finished destroying (which they gladly did).

Also, if new policy should be going after any tribe that houses killers, trolls, and griefers, I’m more than willing to address that one in the very near future, just let me know.

And as a parting gift, I’ll present you with the last person I took a personal interest in. Blu (I know you’re still around here somewhere bud, and thx for logging on to congratulate my L106 dust gathering)

Somewhere near these lakes once lived a house. The house was broken into, the items were thrown out onto the street, the house was flooded, then destroyed, then turned into a park, back when I still cared enough to try and make nice things for players to enjoy.

I’ll see you soon. 😉
    ~Jopah

Blu Lakes Park

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  Pino.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  Pino.

Penguin

Okay. Kill Sephi one time in public, whith all her valuable content (dagger, rings, armor, gold, gems) and make it abyss. I dont need it. It would be enough.

I reject your terms.

Turtle

No Jopah, what you will be doing here is attempting to bully people over a video game, for the sole reason of being unable to man up and admit who’s in the wrong.

Goes to show how mature of a person you really are. Have fun.

P.S.
    The only bitter satisfaction I get from this, is knowing how you behave in game I get a pretty forlorn image of who you are IRL. But then again, we all make our own choices.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye’ is closed to new replies.