Fishing suggestion.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Fishing suggestion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Fishing was added as a fun thing but the last changes to the skill make it not so fun. I am talking first hand experience as i have spend 40mins on a fishing expedition looking for the sweet spot fishing at every possible location and getting no fish! At least 70% of that time was fishing…

My longest waiting time for a bite has been 3,5mins so i have no idea when to assume there is not going to be a bite. As such the mechanic does not allow you to understand how close you may be to the sweet spot.

I have 13 levels of fishing (gained with real salty sweat) and with the garb i get at level 18 and even after the long waits i often get a 1 lb fish!

All and all i doubt anyone will be using fishing unless they wish to spend time chilling like i often do… still id like to see fishing be a little more fun!

SO HERE COMES THE SUGGESTION TO THE FISHING MECHANIC:

change it so that you get a bite every 1 to 30 seconds EVERY TIME!
    However the chance of landing the fish will depend on your level, a higher level is likely to guarantee landing the fish whilst at lower you lose the fish even though you hit space quick enough…

The sweet spot would enhance your chances for larger fish, but the sweet spot needs a visual indicator (for example the water is green not blue – or a whirlpool effect).

Also you may wish to add a couple of random events in fishing i.e A) you land a boot B) you land a treasure chest!

anyways I hope my suggestion is considered, and once again thanks for all the sea related fun!

Captain!

Wolf

^ Cap wouldn’t say sh*t. I like his suggestion even if I never tried fishing myself. Also, would love to have a chance to catch the Kraken. Or Kappa.

Penguin

I suggest an item to help you determine where the sweet spot is. Not like a exact determination. But more like a vague answer to help point aspiring fishermen/women to the right direction.

Turtle

I am all for these ideas to make fishing more fun! I really like the new extended time to actually catch the fish once it bites, more improvements like that and it will be a great side skill.

Wolf

Thanks all! UPDATE: finally got lucky and found the sweet spot…well when i say lucky it lasted for no more than 3 minutes or less…bites were one after the other but soon after the sweet spot moved… Seriously the number of bites in those 3 minutes is what one would expect from normal fishing… so please consider any one of the ideas, Dorians idea for example could make it fun trying to spot the sweet spot 🙂 (thanks for listening)

Skeleton

When fishing was introduced I was expecting for hordes of fishermen crossing the map. The shop in the old center had ponds around it and was meant to be a fishing shop.

Wolf

i hear ya Rin 🙁

Ok here is a very simple suggestion that would take MINIMAL coding and make fishing worthwhile… SIMPLY make each cooked fish worth 3 or 4 times more in terms of filling the hunger bar!

that would make cooked fish the best meal and its current rarity would be justified 🙂

Wolf

A BIG THANKS to the developer for the latest fishing update! IT MAKES IT SO MUCH more fun! thank you!

Pino

Lvl 9 USWest
    Wolf

Love this new fishing update! Now fishing isn’t a boring grind, or an impossible hunt, but a grand adventure! Only one day in, and Cap and I could tell some great fishing stories!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fishing suggestion.’ is closed to new replies.