Discord boot?

Home Forums General Discussion Discord boot?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Wolf

I think I’ve just been booted from the Discord?

Not entirely sure how to work it yet so I may be doing something wrong, but after some rude messages from Irukandji after being a bit confused by the software I’d assume that I was kicked somehow :/

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

I think you forgot to mention the parts where you started insulting me.

Your other account was verified the previous day.

You stated it had not been verified. So maybe a simple understanding.

But you took it the wrong way, and began with insults.

Wolf

I’d enjoy knowing where exactly I insulted you.
    Or where I said it hadn’t been verified.

You’re the one who began being insulting and aggressive in response to a simple query.

And then apparently revoked my access without any communication.

You’ve just been obtuse and rude to me without any reason 🙁

The log is here:

Irukandji – Today at 12:51 PM
    someone already joined with that name

TheMLToolbox – Today at 12:52 PM
    With TheMLToolbox? There’s MLToolbox and TheMLToolbox
    I posted a screen of me with my alt in the bottom right last night but it still hadnt been verified

Irukandji – Today at 12:52 PM
    yes it has
    why did you make a new account?
    go login to your other account
    no need to make two accounts to try to confuse us

TheMLToolbox – Today at 12:53 PM
    That is clearly not the intent here. Stop being so tempermental.

Irukandji – Today at 12:54 PM
    excuse me?

TheMLToolbox – Today at 12:54 PM
    I will yes

Irukandji – Today at 12:54 PM
    you may need to reread the rules mr

TheMLToolbox – Today at 12:59 PM
    You may need to be a bit more civil and less antagonistic / assumptive

Irukandji – Today at 1:03 PM
    No I think it is, you don’t need to make two accounts to try to confuse people
    Your account was already verified, what was the reason for making another?

TheMLToolbox – Today at 1:03 PM
    That is clearly not what I’ve done, I’ve just misunderstood how this works. Take that stick from your butt and stop being so aggressive >_<
    I clicked on the discord link and it asked me to type in my name so I did so
    Simples. Now I’ll just attribute this to the other account.
    No harm, no foul, no need for panties to be twisted ^_^

No insults, just my seeking clarification and you over-reaction. I even tried to diffuse it with some joviality but you kept being a prig.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

I was going to post the conversation myself, but you beat me to it.

Appreciate it.

Case closed,

Thank You!

Wolf

[Removed by mod]

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Kaylovespie. Reason: Personal attack

Polar Bear

Hey ML!

Just a heads up that frankly I wouldn’t expect much to be done in this situation.

This is just the way those mods choose to run their server.

Luckily there’s another Mystera Legacy discord you can join that also happens to be more popular for the EU server anyway!

https://discord.gg/ANVJPp5

Here’s the link if you wish to join, and no we won’t ban you for making jokes about the mods. 😉

Polar Bear

Yeah the one run by Eradomens is much better. I just can’t believe that you misunderstood the rules and you are instantly banned from the server. It’s pretty harsh.

Skeleton

I don’t think there’s any misunderstanding of rules just intent.

Iruk told them that they had made another account but he said it using words that could be seen to be aggressive and as if the pmayer was being difficult on purpose. The response from the player who seems to have gotten confused with Discord I’m seeing as a bit of friendly banter but I’m guessing [Removed by mod] if they banned over what’s here.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Kaylovespie. Reason: Please watch personal attacks
    Eska

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

Don’t worry guys, I will scold Iru for his customer service at his volunteer job.

Skeleton

Unsure if sarcasm or not :p

Ironic considering the apparent mix-up here.

But if they can’t represent the brand well, even if for free, they shouldn’t be doing it.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

@AsylumDreams im 100% sure this is you

Polar Bear

@eska Frankly speaking if you can’t handle a volunteer job without treating people poorly, you shouldn’t be doing it.

I’ve run my Mystera Legacy server without the need to ban anyone, minor infractions are treated as just that. If someone breaks the rules, I explain the rules, there’s no reason to also treat the person with hostility and attack them. As most people clearly agree Iruk is doing in those chat logs.

The fact is the ban button should always be a last resort, it is the most extreme action you can take, and the fact that he uses it so liberally is a poor look on the official discord for the game.

Eska

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

Okay guy who intentionally divided the community, this was an exciting chance for you to sow further seeds of discord, eh?

What I see is some noob who wants to add something which is great- but if this ‘altercation’ was enough to cry on forums about… well good luck with this game.

Polar Bear

“…if this ‘altercation’ was enough to cry on forums about… well good luck with this game.”

I agree! Frankly the fact that this ‘altercation’ was enough for the moderators of the official ML discord to ban someone from their server, is a clear show at just how unprepared those moderators are for such a position.

The fact that you yourself see the altercation here as something minuscule is exactly why people, like myself, prefer the unofficial server over the official one. You don’t get outright banned and cut off from a large portion of the community in the unofficial server over something small.

In reality the only reason unofficial ML discord server does as well as it does is because we offer freedom to the members of it. Banning is the absolute last resort for moderators of the server, and up until this point we’ve yet to need to ban a single player from it. The unofficial ML server would never have divided the community if the official server straightened up its moderation team and put a halt to such clear abuses of power.

Polar Bear

@eska I do believe I have previously complemented you on your clear and unbiased views, don’t jeopardize this now. 🙂

The other Discord was created because clear issues were identified with the way the other Discord was run and some of us saw the opportunity to provide a better experience for those who felt the same way. Some of the things that will NOT occur in the unofficial Discord that have happened in the official one due to moderator incompetence:

* Messages being deleted without explanation due to the personal views of moderators.
    * People being banned for banter in appropriate channels or minor first infractions.
    * Leadership being biased towards one server or set of ideals and enforcing those ideals on other members.

Moderator applications are now open and will we be selecting a number of trusted players from other servers to help keep it running.

If offering an alternative like this offends you then you are welcome to ignore it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Discord boot?’ is closed to new replies.