Benefit of a higher base level

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Benefit of a higher base level

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

It seems that other than the 2 points added to your hp and the ability to equip higher level equipment, base level really doesn’t affect your stats. I think this undermines the value of reincarnating over the long term as reaching level 170 is really just as good as 200 for all intents and purposes. I propose a slight change:

Every 10 base levels you increase beyond 60 should come with a 1 point increase to your attack and defense.

Playing the long game of reincarnating keeps players in the game. Many ascension players burn out after they feel they hit a wall after level 150. If there was more value in reincarnating, more players would take that option and the game could retain them longer. Plus, players who spend a solid year working on reincarnating are going to feel more heavily invested. They won’t want to walk away from the game because it would mean all that work was for nothing.

I propose every ten levels because I don’t think reincarnating players should be overly rewarded and completely upset the balance of the game. Ascension players would be receiving the bonus as well. The only difference is that players like Deadflag and Polarstar who are now capable of combining their reincarnations with ascension to get past level 300 would be rewarded for their efforts.

Skeleton

This is a great idea – I’m still building up my knowledge on the game but I was wondering as to the impact of the player level on character development. Thus far it just seems a way to limit equipment, and this (should?) be assigned to the skill level of that equipment.

If there is a natural stat increase like this that impacts PvP so heavily however then I’d stress the need for some form of level restriction as mentioned in my balancing thread.

Skeleton

I agree.

A slight increase in attack and defense as a level is increased.

Polar Bear

I also agree that players who choose this route are not rewarded enough. I think another fix would be that base level increases by 2, and experence, and myst gain are increased to 10%. This will encourage more players to reincarniate.

Skeleton

Ascension needs more reward surely?
    Reincarnation has the best benefits.
    It needs more repetitive work to achieve it but the return is huge when stacked to cap.

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

Ascension would get the same thing. This simply suggests that levels should have some affect on stats. Right now, a level 250 player isn’t any stronger than a level 100 player. As it stands, levels don’t factor into player stats.

Keep in mind that reincarnating resets all upgrades as well. This means scholar and sage are constantly starting over. The 5% bonuses don’t overpower the permanent boosts that ascension players always retain from not resetting upgrades. Ascension players actually make more on myst and exp per action than reincarnation players prior to 40 reincs.

Polar Bear

Exactly @enzymes there is no point of reincarnating as it stands. Most players only do it a few times then use ascension from there, and I don’t blame them. I choose to reincarniate because I believe there will be changes, and that it will pay off later.

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

I agree with @Crown3d, I think in all likelihood there will be changes to the system that increase the benefit of reincarnation. I reincarnate on faith of a future undetermined payoff.

Wolf

Hey guys.
    Just a quick query – ascension gets none of the boosts, just the ease of not resetting to increase?

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

Exactly, but they get higher bonuses by upgrading since their upgrades are permanent. Reinc players have to lose their upgrades every reinc. Therefore, in the end its pretty much a wash until after 40 reincs. If they added in the bump to your stats every 10 base levels, everyone would receive it.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Skeleton

So it’s as was said. More work but a better reward. Seems standard?

Polar Bear

Yes @asylumdreams alot more work goes into starting over from lvl 0 repeatedly so it should hav3 a better reward

Polar Bear

How about rescaling equipment requirements to match reachable levels? Make it so that endgame gear required some 200+ base level, with ultimate items approaching 300 in requirements? This will create bigger market for non-iron items, and will require real determinations from those who want to get the end game equips.

Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

I’m sorry, but is PERMANENT skill levels not a big benefit to reincarnating already? You’re getting skill levels that never disappears on death. That is huge. Also, the 5% bonus to myst and exp gain adds up fast. Have you seen how fast people level up once they have atleast 10-20 blue stars? When I die, I have to re-level all my skills and don’t have the benefit of the extra bonus to exp. Some of the big reincarnators can pass lvl 100 in like an hour after reincarnating. That’s insane already. Reincarnating is a long term goal, you get more out of it than not reincarnating.

Polar Bear

Permeant skill lvls aren’t really that great. For the amount of work you have to put into 10 doesn’t pay off. It’s no secret that accession is the way to go. Many of the top players only reincarnated a few times with a handful of them doing it over 10 times. This needs to be addressed.

Another solution would be scaling down lvl requirements, and removing accession. This would really turn the server around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Benefit of a higher base level’ is closed to new replies.