Balance – sandbox versus fascism

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Balance – sandbox versus fascism

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Malific

Lvl 60 London
    Polar Bear

sure raid sirrus. but do t cry in here when people gang up on you for it. it’s like you think you can raid people and no one will respond. your name asydrabbit was the only name on towers in my pet noobs base. you raid noobs then you are outside of the circle.
    as for the rest of your text wall I won’t read it sorry.
    try making a new character and training skills and leveling instead of raiding noobs.

Polar Bear

Ok, you are saying that you want to raid and kill people. But you don’t want to be killed or raided. It’s a pvp game, so you have to play it as it is. If you don’t like how we play on EU try another server. I help every player who need help, if you need it too just ask. If you kill or raid, someone will come to stop you, but you can train more to prevent them from killing you. Make your own tribe and invite only people who want to raid and kill. Play until you can kill even the strongest player. But don’t cry if someone punish you just because you did something he don’t like. We want a peaceful server, and we will do our best to keep it as it is.

Skeleton

No, I am not saying that at all. Explicitly the opposite in fact. I enjoy PvP. I like people attempting to raid me. Take the time to read something before replying to it >_<

I’m ‘crying’ about the fact that this little group of players is dictating how the server is run and abusing specifically other players.

Your ways of keeping a peaceful server are to stop people from playing the game. To force them from the server. That isn’t right.

Testament and Songoku haven’t raided people based on chat. Yet they’re KOS. The people speaking French and Russian didn’t break any of the ‘rules’ that have been mentioned here yet they’re killed.

As for making a new account, I did that, and it was killed pretty much as soon as it left the NV. No actions taken. Just for being an alt. So no Mally, don’t try that.

The point of this is to bring to the devs notice that a little group of players is enforcing their playstyle on an entire server and that the mechanics of the game allow them to do so.

Polar Bear

That’s because it’s a pvp game. As i told you, you can train a lot to be the strongest, so no one can kill you and then you can kill and raid people. I don’t see it as a power abuse, instead i see it as “i’m strong, i kill people who kill other because i don’t like to see newbie death or raid”. Go train a lot and then do what you want. We like it as it is.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

It’s peace enforced by force though. So no, that’s not peace. It’s a dictatorship.

lmao, so what? Peace through strength, if you don’t like it then challenge the status quo or play a different server but I can guarantee every server has a group of players on top that can and will dictate certain things should they choose to.

Skeleton

Yet you’re raiding and killing newbies to do that, so whatever moral highground you believe you have is defunct by default.

Again you’re detracting from the subject of the thread by focusing on the symptom rather than the issue. If long-term players are going to abuse new players in the laziest way possible by just killing them till they leave the server then a restriction needs to be placed on that.

If you were truly seeking a peaceful server you’d use one of the many other ways available. Talking for one – it’s normally a knee-jerk post in chat that someone is on KOS, usually after their first death, as with Songoku hitting a player, which has been attempted to be argued as the sufficiency of a balanced payment for whatever their misdemeanor may have been.

If speaking is too much effort then encircle the player. If you’re willing to summon a half-dozen players for a base demolition as retribution for redirecting a road as Testament did, then you can summon the 4 max required to stand each side of them and speak to them – or just build walls.

There’s a heavy slant towards destruction by this little posse under the guise of peace. There are many obvious parallels in history to this.

This is not a PvP game, it’s a sandbox MMORPG. The sell is for crafting, building, dungeon exploration, upping your skills. PvP gets one mention on the About page. The other facets get multiple. I’m here for PvP, and I am working to up my skills, successfully as none of you have lain a finger on me.

I am a very experienced hostile MMORPG player though. I’m aware of the tricks and can transfer them across to this game. Others are not. Grinding them out of existence on the game takes away the future targets I’d have. It takes away the diversity of play. Again I come back to the repeated edicts demanding a KOS for everyone not speaking English in the Global chat. Global chat. In the European server.

Just one more example of how up yourselves you all are.

This is why I’ve put forward the suggestion for the limit on how many people can attack a single player. Suggested a level difference cap. These are all features that are in actual PvP games, as they know that to maintain their playerbase and bring in new blood they have to combat the type of trolls that make up this little power cell on EU, by making the game safe for people until they are aware of how to play.

Providing space for them is important too, whilst James and his mappers are building new areas as the player amount increases – assuming any others stick around with the treatment they receive from you – still more areas will be needed, and a land cap will help that out.

EDIT:

I am challenging it, that’s why I’m posting this.
    I’m not fool enough to think one player with less than a week’s playtime can take down a dozen plus people with multiple months. But I’ll be trying it in game when I’m ready.
    Until then, as I care about the society of this game – enough to want to see it grow rather than stagnate – I’m addressing the developer and the community.

I also have moved to a different server and the one hyped as the most aggressive and anti-newbie has been incredibly polite, pleasant and welcoming.

It’s only the one actually branding itself as peaceful and welcoming that has drawn any kind of parallel to dictatorship and oppression.

Skeleton

Interesting point noticed as I ran through the desert …

Testament was raided due to blocking off the road according to the privy council …

All of Test’s buildings are damaged and broken in to. Through double thick stone and towers.

Yet the road is still blocked off by single thickness walls.

Curious.
    Makes sense …

Malific

Lvl 60 London
    Polar Bear

you can make up any reasons you want for testament being raided, it will always boil down to he’s a dick, if its not for building his base across a main road its for raiding people.

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

ROFL you are contradicting yourself. It’s a sandbox anyone can do what they want right? So they can raid you and kill you as much as they feel like, they can play citizen police if they want to. Just like you can be foolish and try to appose them. Just like the real world man, you can do whatever you would like. Just be prepared to face the consequences of your actions by whoever you upset in the process.

Skeleton

Such fallacies and inaccuracies here u.u

This is a game. Gameplay has mechanics which shouldn’t be exploited. That should be balanced. Elsewise the only people playing will be those stamping out the new blood until they’re alone, get bored, and a brilliant game dies.

This isn’t about the people involved it’s about the game system.
    I utilised the buffoonery and malice of the clique to evidence the issues as they are the ones exhibiting them most clearly.

So much of the map is ruin. So few people actually speak civilly.

The cause is easy enough to determine.

tioluko

Lvl 41 USTexas
    Polar Bear

I’ll not comment on the entire post, as ppl is already doing it and I don’t want to fell redundant, but there is one point that REALLY BOTHERS ME, and is that the game show to everyone when anyone logs in… like.. thats… kinda… stupid… (sorry devs, but srsly, whyyyyyy?)

That would be only acceptable in a friendlist system :\

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  tioluko.

Skeleton

It would be a great little tweak to have it not show up.

Why I listed it, along with the other things :p

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

As others have mentioned, this game is Sandbox Open PvP game.

Politics will follow of course.

If not a peaceful server, then it could be a server where all the top, strong players kill and raid everyone.

There are games just like this one, with similar politics, and things that happen daily.

There are tribes or guilds, even cities with their own rules of the land that they control or surround.

These types of games aren’t for everyone.

People will quit, but more people will replace them that enjoy this type of game.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  irukandji.

Skeleton

That doesn’t mean no balancing. No additions.

There’s a lot of griping about maces and clubs being so prevalent.
    The same shut up and deal with it attitude being applied?

You’re posting suggestions on behalf of Discord users yourself to improve and broaden the game and its appeal.
    There is no difference here.

I’ll restate and summate as things have gotten a bit lost now:

Don’t display to general chat when someone logs in. Don’t display shares IPs. Perhaps have it revealed on death (ideally by PK only) if you must share this.

On death, allow the option to return to your recall tile or Crossroads. Again this could be a PK-triggered option.

Put a level range on non-duel PvP or modify the infamy system to disallow auto-engaged buttons from detracting.

Allow damage only from 1 source within a few second time scale. Towers are exempt.

Implement a buddy system – you both accept it and it notifies when you’re friends are online, which map they’re on, perhaps even sending a message if they’re being attacked by a player – a feature which would be great for Tribes by the way ?

And … land management.

Depending on if this idea appeals it can tie into tribes and be tweaked for perhaps a durability increase rather than a gross expansion of available space. When a player or tribe’s Construction dips below that required by the walls then a random / the most damaged wall suffers accelerated decay – or my own personal preference of all of the walls take increased damage skewed by the difference in Construction required and currently held. If wished there are a few more factors that could accompany this.

Bank alts need to be addressed. They’re the major viable counterplan in the current meta but tweaking a few things removes the imbalances.

Wolf

Wow, this is a very heated conversation. Honestly, part of what I like about this game is the fact that the community plays a big part in it. Im not a fan of pvp though, unless its COD. I wish I had more time to invest into the game during my free time, but my main youtube channel comes first. Another thing holding me back from investing alot of time into it is the fact, Im not sure how long it’ll be around. Unlike AQ3D or other cross platform games, this game is run by 1 man. Should that man tired of maintaining the game, it goes the way of the buffalo. Ive played other games similar to this, like golemizer, which was also run by 1 man. Once he started on a new project though, Golemizer was done and all my progress was lost.

If a group of players have the power to govern a server and the game allows it, then it is to be expected. If you play fair and by the rules of the server, you should be fine. Thats ALSO part of sandbox. I have yet to make my mind up on which server to stick to when I do play…Maybe East…maybe Europe…maybe texas….They are all quite dif from each other but to each his own, I always say. If you dont like the way 1 server is run, try another one. It may be more to your liking. Well, enough yakking from me. Back to our regular scheduled program.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Balance – sandbox versus fascism’ is closed to new replies.