Arrow Decay Discussion

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Arrow Decay Discussion

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

I would say arrow decay is a good idea . It keeps people on thier toes .

If it scares you that much just keep ur outer layers loaded and leave a stack of arrows . Ready to be loaded outside of the interior ones in case of an attack.

Think outside the box a little 🙂

Scurry

Lvl 34 USWest
    Wolf

Doesn’t scare me, fully capable of maintaining current base at current level but needing to reload 800+ towers every day when repairing is overkill on time consumption. It’s more about playing game. I like diving, I like PvP, I love raiding, I figured out how to raid with new infamy update, not a big deal. I still PvP (oh no I have infamy lol) with Infamy update. No this is about my time being wasted. Now when I dive will be taking feathers for duping and and will be making 3k arrows a day and then reloading all my towers for what? To make it so that other players get area to build a base. Guess what these new bases will have few towers and less arrows that will just make it easier for me to go through their walls. This doesn’t make any part of game harder for me it just takes away from time I would have spent doing something else. Raiders and trolls love this update for this reason. it’s not going to effect the large tribes it will only effect newer players which hurts Mystera-legacy as now noobs will have to work alot more to build up in Galebrook or will all be in Wellington.

Methusael

Lvl 186 London
    Wolf

Good update. end of

Dyspotik

Lvl 180 USEast2
    Penguin

I dont complain about much but the arrow decay is a bit drastic. If they were to decay when tower was 60%or Lower okay sure. I’ve enjoyed every update since I started and look forward to more, but please pleeeeeease change this.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

It would be nice at least if there was a better way to check how many arrows are left in a tower, especially since the double-action bug is still in the game where you interact with a tower or other object once and the game registers two actions instead.

(That bug has been around forever, a fix would be fantastic tbh.)

I’d still like all the HP bars on your own structures to be displayed full time when a repair kit is equipped, and the number of arrows remaining in towers to be displayed beneath the HP bar on towers, but I understand that would take design time.

I assume we can’t lens for the arrow number as a defensive measure so attackers can’t guess how many arrows are remaining in a vulnerable tower, but it may be an effective tradeoff in order to keep up with base maintenance after this patch regardless.

I’d vastly prefer the repair kit idea if at all possible, but I assume it isn’t since it’s been brought up before and never implemented.

Zork9000

Lvl 146 USEast
    Polar Bear

I have yet to see what the arrow decay rate is, but it’s a bad feature in any case imo.

FatmanSlim

Lvl 36 London
    Wolf

From DevStaff:

Hi! Having towers not drain until they are a certain HP percentage was one of the ways the dev considered implementing this feature, but the idea is to get people to use less towers and with people mass flint repairing them as often as they do this method wouldn’t really have the desired effect. Each tower regularly checks for targets around themselves – even after the dev optimized this process on his end, server load still exists as some servers have over 17,000 towers.

Larger bases that cover huge areas naturally require more people working together to maintain them, for example a 100×100 base should only be taking about 25-50 feathers of arrows per day which isn’t too hard for multiple people to acquire. If maintenance feels too high then there are a few options to consider: 1) Bring more people in to help contribute and maintain the space 2) Downsize the number of towers used to secure the base (reduce 2 layers down to 1 layer for example) 3) Reduce the size of the base to better fit the number of active players contributing to its maintenance. Hope this helps!

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Just make towers twice as good and we’ll only need half as many. 😀

It would be pretty great to use towers more sparingly and the server load is interesting to learn about, but in a situation where a 3-man team can take a 600K wall down from 100% to 0 in 50 minutes (and easily less if it’s decayed below 90%), I’m not sure what our defenses are intended to consist of theoretically. If the threat of overwhelming acupuncture is removed there’s a significant risk of your base no longer being your base if you work or sleep. Forcing besiegers to incrementally drain enough towers so they can approach and begin work on the wall can slow them down way more than actual walls do, unless we’re going to start pushing extreme thicknesses when real estate can already be at a premium on many servers. Adding HP to walls is an option, but an expensive one, prohibitively for larger bases, and it’s resources you can’t get back. Since there’s very little counterplay left for dealing with even known raiders unless they choose to make themselves vulnerable we are largely forced into these defensive deterrents, and towers are just significantly more effective than walls. There are core game systems at play here resulting in all these towers that the patch doesn’t address but have proven necessary in practice. Without that necessity being addressed I’m not sure what’s up.

Veritas

Lvl 202 USEast
    Penguin

I know the rest of you are pros and have tons of arrow towers, but me as a relatively new player my base has a few arrow towers and I only add more as I build more. I guess the arrow decay is pointless though because I am still losing about 60 arrows a day. That’s 420 a week, about 1/2 a gold worth of feathers.

eunri1

Lvl 150 USEast2
    Polar Bear

its time consuming.the rapair itself really time consuming, unless you have good skill on repairing.
    I thought the purpose of the game is to make people enjoy playing it.
    imagine, if someone work alot, or have school, or kids that are allowed to play games on the weekend or their day off. what will happen to their base? o.o
    just like Dev, having new born baby, the update got delayed. same with us player, we get busy sometimes and cant play the game as many as usual. what will happen to our tower? empty towers XD
    well, its only from myside, not everyone are busy.
    i’ve been maintain my bases, my tribe member bases. just because they busy working, i dont mind helping repair, but refilling their tower would be out of my hand…. can only play for couple hours. if they need to repair and then farm feather chop wood make arrow when they online, i doubt they will like the game. i spent an hour to repair. just if i need to farm feather chop wood make arrow every 2-3days. its a BIG OOF. I work alot irl too DX then work alot more in game XD

Penguin

Towers create loads on the server, the less towers the better perfomance, how to make people work on their bases rather than spamming 2000 towers, arrow decay. ez fix.

You all should prepare beforehand the base loadout in excel or something, theorycrafting so that you squeeze the most out of it.
    With 200 towers or less you all could make a non-able-to-raid base, if you don’t optimize it that’s ur problem

The change wasn’t done for no reason, it was needed to keep moving forward with the game

Scurry

Lvl 34 USWest
    Wolf

So in a sandbox game that says I can build anyway I want. I build a large base, and then because game server has problems I am punished, not asked to reduce, not given a better option just told reduce or lose time playing to restock and gather for a resource that was already semi rare. No where does it say oh you should build a minimalistic base or you will be forced to reduce. Please understand what “sandbox” stands for. It hasn’t made my tribe reduce, we have actually expanded and added more towers. As we needed more room for new recruits. This was just wrong choice by the dev.

Penguin

Mate I had a 75×75 base in Texas 2 years ago, then flint got updates and you couldn’t keep up with the repairs, then the corners were updates and you couldn’t have anymore that kind of design.
    Plus a year later wellington was added, the game stopped being a sandbox a long while ago
    You, have freedom, till certain degree.

Just give it up, you’re not supposed to build a 150×150 base and maintain all of it with towers.
    You consider the update only from your own perspective and not from a “moving forward” game point, probably because you haven’t played with me and fleet and you don’t understand what it means from a server perspective to have some random guy own almost 1/5 of the map and have 10000 towers making the raid a long long over 24h hammering project

Scurry

Lvl 34 USWest
    Wolf

Um I play on west Where at one point all of galebrook was basically owned by BAR, this has dropped off mostly as game changes are pushing people away from game, or people are getting tired of the just constant grinding that is needed for game, with little else to do for distraction. And new update adds one more thing that you have to grind for even if you do reduce. I am thinking about moving forward with game, would like to see it become more enjoyable for new players and making it so it is harder for them to protect a base is hurtful. Want to know how you grow population in a game. Make it so New players are able grow and play with out hours of grinding,”Oh but they have Wellington” yeah have fun grinding myst. “well just make alt to keep low level repair/building” how many new/casual players will be doing this? More likely will just move onto different game. Game is dieing and this update will help speed that up, which is sad.I really enjoy this game and would like to see it get bigger but less people seem to be playing. So we need more new players. So let’s make game less grindy and more play time. which would mean changing arrow decay and adding alternative ways for protection. So we get less server load from towers but players are still protected. I keep hearing from long term players with oh just adapt to it. I have, this update is already included in my grinding now. Carry feathers for duping on all my UW runs. My issue is with the huge learning curve that there is for new players for a free to play 8bit graphics game. Just think about being new. Take a hard look at what someone that has never played here has to do to become viable in this game.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Arrow Decay Discussion’ is closed to new replies.